A Hong Kong blog that does a lot more than blog
Whether you love it or hate, I’m sure you’ll agree that it has a rich history.
Here are my 5 favourite Valentines Day facts for you to sink your sweet tooth into!
1. 220,000 is the average number of proposals on Valentines Day.
2. Over 1 billion dollars worth of chocolate is purchased in the U.S. on Valentines Day alone.
3. In the U.S., 15% of women send flowers to themselves on Valentines Day.
4. The x became the symbol of a kiss because in medieval times, when people could not write even their name, they used to put an X, and then kiss it to prove they were honest.
5. Teachers receive the most Valentines Day cards.
What do you think about Valentines Day? Do you love it or hate it? Let me know in the comments below!
And don’t be embarrassed if you’re one of the ladies sending yourself flowers. At least you’re not marrying yourself like the women here http://wp.me/p479NY-1x !!!
Have a good one everybody!